AZC Sitting Schedule
- Attending the Centre's 2-part Introductory Workshop is generally a prerequisite for participating in sittings.
- If you arrive late, please enter the zendo during kinhin (you can sit outside the zendo until then).
- All daily sittings are offered in a spirit of dana (that is, freely given). A donation is appreciated to help keep the Centre running for everyone, but is not required. See our membership page if you would like to contribute to the Centre regularly.
- All sittings are held at 52 Princes Street, Onehunga.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 - 7:15 a.m.
Two 30-minute rounds of zazen (ending at 7:00), followed by a brief chanting service. Dokusan is offered on Tuesdays.
Wednesdays & Fridays 6:00 - 7:00 a.m.
Saturdays 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Sundays 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Three 35-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin and dokusan. Refreshments. Teisho will be offered on some Sundays; check the calendar.
Mondays 7:00-8:00 p.m. NOTE: currently suspended
Discussion and informal sitting.
Tuesdays 7:00-8:45 p.m.
The format alternates from one week to the next, being either:
- Three 25-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin. The first round is guided, and newcomers are invited to bring questions about their practice to a group instruction session (in another room) in the second round. After the third round we have a ten-minute chanting service.
- OR one 25-minute round of zazen with kinhin followed by a teisho or Dharma talk.
Every Tuesday night we offer refreshments.