AZC Sitting Schedule
Tuesday and Friday 6:00 - 7:15 a.m.
Two 30-minute rounds of zazen (ending at 7:00), followed by a brief chanting service. Dokusan is offered on Tuesdays. Zendo also open for informal sitting from 6:00 - 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Tuesday 7:00-8:45 p.m.
The format alternates from one week to the next, being either:
After this, we offer refreshments.
- Three 25-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin. The first round is guided, and newcomers are invited to bring questions about their practice to a group instruction session (in another room) in the second round. After the third round we have a ten-minutes chanting service.
- OR one 25-minute round of zazen with kinhin followed by a teisho or Dharma talk.
- All sittings are held at 15 Church Street, Onehunga.
- Please contact us (or call Amala-sensei at 09 520 0531 or text 027 314 9440) before you attend your first sitting.
- If you arrive late, please enter the zendo at a kinhin.
- From non-members - that is, those not making a regular pledge - a donation is requested at each visit to help cover expenses.
- To learn more about AZC Membership, visit our Membership page.
All-Day Sittings for 2014