AZC Sitting Schedule
- Attending the Centre's 2-part Introductory Workshop is generally a prerequisite for participating in sittings.
- Please contact us (or call 550 4383 or text 027 314 9440) before you attend your first sitting after the workshop.
- If you arrive late, please enter the zendo during kinhin (you can sit outside the zendo until then).
- All daily sittings are offered in a spirit of dana (that is, freely given). A donation is appreciated to help keep the Centre running for everyone, but is not required. See our membership page if you would like to contribute to the Centre regularly.
- All sittings are held at 52 Princes Street, Onehunga.
Tuesday and Friday 6:00 - 7:15 a.m.
Two 30-minute rounds of zazen (ending at 7:00), followed by a brief chanting service. Dokusan is offered on Tuesdays.
Wednesday and Thursday 6:00 - 7:00 a.m.
Saturday 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Sunday 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Three 35-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin and dokusan. Refreshments. Teisho will be offered on some Sundays; check the calendar.
* North Shore: There is also a weekly early morning sitting in Bayswater on the North Shore at a home zendo. Call the Centre for details.
Monday 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Discussion session and one round of informal sitting.
Tuesday 7:00-8:45 p.m.
The format alternates from one week to the next, being either:
- Three 25-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin. The first round is guided, and newcomers are invited to bring questions about their practice to a group instruction session (in another room) in the second round. After the third round we have a ten-minute chanting service.
- OR one 25-minute round of zazen with kinhin followed by a teisho or Dharma talk.
Every Tuesday night we offer refreshments. Thursday 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Three 35-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin and dokusan.