AZC Sitting Schedule
Monday 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- All sittings are held at 52 Princes Street, Onehunga.
- Please contact us (or call 550 4383 or text 027 314 9440) before you attend your first sitting.
- If you arrive late, please enter the zendo during kinhin (you can sit in the dokusan waiting line in the back room until then).
- From non-members - that is, those not making a regular pledge - a donation is requested at each visit to help cover expenses.
- To learn more about AZC Membership, visit our Membership page.
Discussion session and one round of informal sitting.
Tuesday and Friday 6:00 - 7:15 a.m.
Two 30-minute rounds of zazen (ending at 7:00), followed by a brief chanting service. Dokusan is offered on Tuesdays. Zendo also open for informal sitting from 6:00 - 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Tuesday 7:00-8:45 p.m.
The format alternates from one week to the next, being either:
After this, we offer refreshments.
- Three 25-minute rounds of zazen with kinhin. The first round is guided, and newcomers are invited to bring questions about their practice to a group instruction session (in another room) in the second round. After the third round we have a ten-minutes chanting service.
- OR one 25-minute round of zazen with kinhin followed by a teisho or Dharma talk.
All-Day Sittings for 2014
5 October (UPDATED and combined with Kannon Day ceremony, which has been shifted from 14 Sept).